The global resource for Israeli dancing, founded in 1998.
- "A warm personal welcome to all our readers. Through our dance and song websites, we are proud to contribute to the vibrant life of Jewish culture, from its Hebrew, Ladino and Yiddish musical roots to its ancient and modern dance traditions." Aura Levin Lipski, Founder and Publisher
Jewish HolidaysEasy way to plan!
Add + update your dance sessionsAdd your dance class
Create an Online List for 'My Favourite Dances'
Keep it. Print it. Email it. Unique to Israelidances.com
Jerusalem of Gold
Listen to the song, Buy the CD, See the Song Words See the dance
What You'll Find On Our Site
- Add your dance events from anywhere in the world
- Enjoy learning the song words to dances
- Find by name people in Israeli dancing worldwide
- Find every Israeli dance Class and Camp around the world
- Find online dance Chat groups in English and Hebrew
- How many countries have Israeli dance sessions?
- Keep up with the Jewish Holidays
- Visit the unique Israeli Dances Database © in Chinese, English and Hebrew
Dance For Peace
"The dance "Nirkod Lashalom" written and choreographed by Australians, presented at the Karmiel dance festival, shown on video by Israel's top teachers: Shlomo Maman, Yaron Carmel, Yaron Ben-Simchon and Gadi Bitton, has been seen by dance sessions around the world.
Almost every Israeli folk dancer alive today has seen this dance. This did not happen since the Israelites danced with Miriam, the sister of Moses, when they reached the safety of the far side of the Red Sea.
But then all the Israelites were gathered in one place, unlike today when we are scattered in all four corners of the earth yet, we will be doing the same dance all at the same time. Phenomenal."
I taught "Nirkod Lashalom" to my class as depicting the road to peace - with its surprising twists and turns, hesitations, grand gestures, and halting steps backwards, yet really simple to achieve.
If you persist and try again you get there at the end. Dance for Peace."
P. Smolash, Montreal, Canada